call us

You Have a Housing Disrepair Claim – Now What?

housing disrepair claimSo, you think you have a housing disrepair claim – now what? By following these simple steps you will have everything ready to make your housing disrepair claim. Whether your property is owned by the council, a housing association or a private landlord it is there responsibility to ensure it is in a good state of repair; if they fail to do so you can make a housing disrepair claim.

How to Make a Housing Disrepair Claim

Before making a housing disrepair claim it is important to contact your landlord and inform them of the problem. If, after allowing them sufficient time to fix the problem, your home remains in disrepair you can make a housing disrepair claim.

  1. The first step in making a housing disrepair claim is to collect all proof of the disrepair. Photographs, videos and correspondences between you and your landlord are all used to highlight the extent of the damage caused to your home.
  2. Next, collect documents and photos relating to other damages. This includes medical costs for personal injuries, damage to personal belongings, travel expenses, hotel costs and lost wages.
  3. After collecting all the information relating to your case, contact housing disrepair solicitors and your housing disrepair claim can begin.

Begin Your Housing Disrepair Claim

To begin your housing disrepair claim contact us today on 01626 248 608 or get in touch online. As experienced housing disrepair experts are can handle your case from start to finish.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.