call us

What is a Housing Disrepair Claim?

If you happen to be a tenant of a rented residence and you contain damages to the property itself, when it is inside or outside and the particular landlord is declining to perform repairs, then you are qualified to claim for those repair charges. You also can compensate for any injury suffered or loss of items because of the house being in that ruined state.

What the Housing is expected to do?

Your Housing is expected to guarantee that the house has a firm structure to live inside and the exterior is in a great condition for living as well. They also have to make sure any important appliances/systems accessible with the property such as heating system is secure and working to a acceptable level.

What classifies as a housing disrepair?

If any of the points recognized below is applicable to you, then the landlord of the residence should perform repairs:

  • Roof leakage
  • Heating system not operating
  • Drainage pipe dangling
  • Decaying window frames

This is NOT an extensive list that states all feasible disrepairs that can take place within a house and should be fixed. Any customization to the house by the tenant is consequently their own obligation. For instance; extra door locks, room, etc. So the landlord is not responsible for those adjustments and cannot be reimbursed against.

Evidence required:

In order for us to calculate the amount you should obtain, we will then need some evidence of damages suffered to the house, a letter displaying that you have enlightened your landlord of the issues. And in the case that you be lacking in evidence then our effective team of inspectors will be directed to the house to carry out examination of the damage suffered themselves.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.