call us

Tenants’ rights and landlord responsibilities

Our Housing department has solicitors with over 20 years’ experience in this field.

As a tenant you are entitled by law to live in decent accommodation which is free from disrepair. If your property suffers from the following you may have claim against your landlord. So if you are a tenant and have been suffering from one of the following-

  • Damp,
  • Mice or cockroach infestation,
  • Mould and fungus,
  • Flooding or Water leaks,
  • Defective windows and door
  • Defective Boiler,
  • Defective electrical wiring,
  • Any other disrepair

We can help make sure your landlord to carries out the necessary repairs and fight to get you compensation for your losses.

Housing Disrepair Issues

In most instances landlords are responsible for repairs. Tenants are usually only responsible for decorations, and for putting right any damage they have caused.

As recognised experts in this field we can help you to enforce your rights and get repairs done. You may also be able to claim compensation if there has been a delay in carrying out the repairs, or if you, or anyone living with you has been injured as a result of the disrepair.

If you'd like some free initial advice, or just need to speak to someone to find out more about what you can do don’t hesitate to complete our enquiry form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

  • We will be happy to come and see you at home.
  • We'll talk to you in plain English.
  • We will help you to get your Landlord to carry out the repairs
  • You will keep 100% of any compensation

The structure and exterior of the building - such as the walls, roof, external doors and windows, sinks, baths, toilets and other sanitary fittings, including pipes and drains, heating and hot water appliances, gas appliances, pipes, flues and ventilation and electrical wiring. They are also responsible for putting right any damage to internal decorations that was caused by the disrepair or while repairs they are responsible for are carried out.

As recognised experts in this field we have helped thousands of tenants to enforce their rights and get repairs done.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.