call us

Proving disrepair claims

Disrepair claims are mainly brought to acquire an injunction to create a landlord performs repair works. The supplementary component of the claim is for compensation. Compensation is evaluated on the foundation of hassle caused by the absence of repairs to the degree that the tenant’s pleasure of the premises and general worth of the tenancy has been reduced. Compensation is generally awarded as a portion of the rent to reveal the copies in the value or advantage of the tenancy to the tenant.

In order to set up legal responsibility in a disrepair claim a Claimant will require to display that the landlord has breached their own repairing responsibilities by failing to treatment defects which they understood or ought to have recognized about within a affordable time. Notice is consequently crucial to the claim.

In the earlier stages of a claim the fix records will be acquired and these will display the notice that a landlord has been provided. There can be a number of different ways in which usually we can show that a property owner has had notice of the problems. The most apparent is that the tenant has made issues. These may have been produced online, by telephone, in person or in publishing and it is consequently crucial to make sure that the records are total and include records kept in the landlord’s databases and from their particular call centre. The papers file held by the housing workplace can often be of small or no importance to the claim without having the actual call logs and maintenance spread sheets.

Clients often keep duplicates of letters of issues that they have produced and may have contacted their MP for support or pursued the issues procedure or settlement. Other occupants may also have made problems about the same problems. Third parties such because GP’s, health site visitors or social employees may have produced complaints on a tenant’s account. Documents related to these complaints ought to be acquired. Dependent on the type of case and character of the property information to the entire block of flats or flats over and beneath may be relevant. This is especially so in cases of pest invasion.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.