call us

Make a Claim for Housing Disrepair Compensation

Housing disrepair compensation can be claimed by those who are living in properties that are in a state of disrepair. Housing disrepair is the broad term used to describe areas of a property in need of repair such as cracked walls, a faulty boiler, mould, leaks and inadequate living conditions.

In council properties, housing association properties and those that are privately rented it is the responsibility of the landlord to ensure the property is in a good state of repair and is safe to live in. If, after being made aware of the disrepair, the repairs are not made you may be entitled to claim housing disrepair compensation.

housing disrepair compensation

Housing Disrepair Compensation

Housing disrepair compensation can be claimed to cover a number of expenses, as well as personal injury and damage to belongings. Commonly housing disrepair cases result in the tenant receiving compensation for:

  1. Personal injury
  2. Damage to belongings such as furniture, clothing and appliances
  3. Expenses caused by the housing disrepair such as hotel costs or travel expenses

Before making a claim for housing disrepair compensation it is important to notify your landlord of the problem and allow them sufficient time to arrange for the repairs to be carried out. This can be done via telephone or in person but it is recommended to also have written or email correspondence for evidential purposes.

Begin Your Housing Disrepair Claim

If your home is currently in a state of disrepair or repairs need to be carried out, get in touch. We can provide our expert opinion on whether you are entitled to housing disrepair compensation and can assist you through the claims process.

Contact us today on 01626 248 608 or get in touch online

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.