call us

Housing law

We all need a residence we can escape to after the stresses of the day. We recognize that if you have misplaced or are at risk of getting rid of your home, or you are residing in distressing conditions and your landlord is not generating the repairs, this can be extremely stressful for you and your family members. This is when you require expert help on your own side.


Our staff of housing law solicitors can suggest you on your legal protection under the law and represent you in court procedures. We are dedicated to providing a higher quality, efficient and nurturing service to our clients.


Disrepair is the term utilized when your landlord is faltering to carry out maintenance to your home. Thankfully, you don’t have to hold out until your house turns into uninhabitable to request for help.

No matter if you are renting from an exclusive landlord or a council, the particular law in England plus Wales imposes rigid specifications on all landlords to make sure that your property is retained in great condition.

The law says that “repair” entails the structure or external of a residence. Good examples of disrepair consist of a leaking roof, damp, decaying woodwork, dripping windows, or clogged or broken gutters and exterior pipes.

If your landlord has been unsuccessful to perform necessary repairs, such as if your residence has a leak, or experiences from damp, or the main heating method is not working, we can assist you. We will make use of the power of the court to pressure your landlord to create the repairs and assist you to claim reimbursement for the hassle that this has brought on.

Your landlord’s responsibilities

Landlords have a range of responsibilities to keep their houses in a appropriate state of maintenance. Most of these are placed in The Landlord & Tenant Act 1985.

They consist of the duty to:

  • Keep the framework of the building, which includes drains, gutters & exterior pipes in great repair.
  • Ensure that something needed for the provider of water, gas, electricity & sanitation is held in functioning order.
  • Keep the gear used for heating and water in fine repair.
  • Make certain that the structural insecurity, severe disrepair or dampness do not make the building unsuitable for individual habitation.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.