call us

waterHousing disrepair in Wembley

Housing disrepair in Wembley is as much of a problem as it is in the rest of the UK.  The housing market has certainly ‘bounced back’ from the economic crisis and prices are steadily increasing.  This means, for many, the only option is renting.  This has both positives and negatives when compared to buying a property & one big positive is that the landlord takes care of most, if not all, of the properties care.  Well, they should and this is often the problem.

Housing disrepair is landlord responsibility

When you rent a property it is first important you go through the ‘snagging list’ that the landlord provides you.  This should basically be a list of things which both of you agree were broken or in disrepair before you move in.  Not only does this mean you will not be charged for their repair upon moving out but also, should prompt the landlord into fixing them.

Housing disrepair – a matter of urgency

Of course you can never 100% prevent against housing disrepair, things will happen and break.  When they do it is best to report it straight away to the landlord.  Their action will depend on a number of things, mainly the urgency of the incident.  For example, if water is gushing out of broken pipes into the property it is probably reasonable to expect that the landlord will send around an emergency plumber ASAP.  If a handle on a cupboard has come off it is more realistic that either the tenant fixes it and invoices the landlord for parts or the landlord arranges, in a timely manner, for a handyman to complete the work. 

Housing disrepair in Wembley

Managing the condition of the property does obviously lie between the landlord and the tenant.  Tenants should keep properties clean and landlords should respond to requests for help in a timely fashion.  If a property falls into disrepair and the landlord is neglecting their duty of care, then tenants can seek legal action.  If you’re suffering an issue such as housing disrepair in the Wembley area then contact us to discuss your situation.  It may be it is something that can be settled without legal involvement or it may need further action, whatever the situation we are in a position to advise you.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.