call us

Housing Disrepair Compensation

As a tenant in rented home, your landlord has an responsibility to provide particular repairs to you. If your landlord is declining to carry out his obligation properly you might have to take them to courtroom to press them to complete the maintenance which are required. Maintenance which are regarded as necessary are repairs to the outdoors of the home and the property's framework, repairs to the heating system, basins, baths, lavatories and hot water, and restoration of any harm done whilst repairs are currently being attempted. There may be slightly different responsibilities per tenancy contract but these are the basic principles.

A landlord is not required to repair any product in the home that belongs to you, unless the destruction has been triggered by their failure to perform adequate repairs, such a repair a leaking roof. If your house has been ruined by your landlord's failing to repair your house you can claim for these types of items under unique damages should you choose to get into into a housing disrepair compensation claim.

What Should I Do?

First of all, notify your landlord of the problem. Once you have officially informed them of your complaint they should notify you of when the maintenance are going to happen. Your landlord is required to carry out the repairs by way of 21 days of a written demand for repairs. If they do not perform necessary repairs throughout this timescale you may be at freedom to bring them to court to pressure the repairs.

If you are heading to create a housing disrepair claim you should first of all send your property owner an Early Notification Letter which notifies them of the maintenance which are to be performed - you need may want to provide this in a timetable file format including the time which the landlord was initially informed of the impending issue. If your landlord will not reply to this notice letter within 20 days you will deliver you landlord a letter of claim.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.