call us

Housing Disrepair Compensation: Damp in a Rented House

damp in a rented houseThere are many different types of housing disrepair and housing disrepair compensation can be claimed for different problems in a property, one of which is damp in a rented house. If you are suffering with damp in a rented house and your landlord is failing to resolve the problem you could be entitled to housing disrepair compensation.

What Causes Damp in a Rented House?

Damp in a rented house can have different causes and there are different types of damp. This includes:

  • Condensation dampness – Caused by high levels of water vapour, poor insulation, lack of ventilation or problems with heating.
  • Penetrating damp – Occurs when water penetrates the fabric of a building from outside. This type of damp is often caused by a leaking pipe.
  • Construction damp – Dampness caused by a flaw in the design of the property.
  • Rising damp – Caused by moisture rising from the ground.

Compensation for Damp in a Rented House

If you are experiencing damp in a rented house –rented privately or from a council/housing association – you could entitled to housing disrepair compensation. Compensation for damp in a rented house can be claimed if you have contacted you landlord to inform them of the problem and they have failed to fix the problem.

Damp can have an effect on the health of those living in the property as well as causing damage to personal belongings. Compensation can help to cover the costs this causes.

Claim Housing Disrepair Compensation

Claim housing disrepair compensation for damp in a rented house by contacting us on 01626 248 608. Alternatively, contact us online.

For properties rented form a council or housing association we work on a No Win No Fee* basis.

*No Win No Fee: Other costs may be payable.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.