call us

Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims

If your landlord is declining to perform your housing repairs, you might want to consider going after legal action in the variety of a housing disrepair claim. This will allow you to acquire compensation for the damage you have suffered.

Starting a housing disrepair claim

Prior to you making a housing disrepair claim, you must take the subsequent steps:

1. Seek out help from a legal expert who is a specialist in housing disrepair claims. A solicitor will be able to guide you upon your legal placement before helping you through each phase of the claims process.

2. Serve a legalised notice on your landlord, describing the nature of the disrepair and your purpose to take legal action if a restore is not carried out.

3 Allow 21 days for your property owner to repair the problem.

If you have taken these actions and still a landlord neglects address your grievance, you can go after a compensation claim via the courts.

What occurs next?

If you haven't already advised a solicitor who is a specialist in housing disrepair claims, now is the time to do this. They will be able to pay attention to the particulars of your case before recommending whether or not legal action is suitable. Ordinarily this will rely upon whether or not:

  • Your landlord is indeed accountable for the repairs.
  • You have offered a legal notice and continued to wait for 21 days.
  • You have discovered other avenues of dispute quality such as mediation and negotiation.

If you are able to produce a claim and you would like to continue, your solicitor will manage the process on your account. The first step will be to gather any evidence that facilitates your claim. This could consist of taking witness statements from oneself and anybody else who lives in your home, taking pictures of the disrepair and asking a medical professional to verify how the disrepair has impacted your health.

It will too be essential to demonstrate that you have reported the issue to your landlord, so it is important to keep copies any letters or emails that you have sent.

Your solicitor will then set up all this evidence and provide it to the court. After evaluating your case, the court will then choose if your landlord should perform the repairs and, if so, the time by which these repairs should be finished. The court will also figure out whether or not you should obtain

compensation for the harm you have sustained for example: deterioration to your health, personal possessions, finances and way of life.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.