call us

Housing Disrepair Compensation Claim

If you are renting the property or home where you reside, you have a right within law to a specific common of accommodation.

If you sense that your accommodation is in a condition of disrepair, then we could guide you on how to enhance the situation.

Landlords' duties

The landlord has considerable responsibilities to do repairs. These obligations arise from a quantity of sources:

  • The tenancy agreement
  • Section 11 in the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985
  • Duty of care
  • Other obligations given by statute
  • Defective Premises Act 1972
  • Environmental Protection Act 1990.

A lawful nuisance is a specific thing that is:

  • Prejudicial to or injurious to wellbeing, or a
  • Nuisance - this contains smoke, gases, dust, noise, or poisonous fumes escaping from the property or home. Traffic noises are not integrated; neither is sound from day-to-day actions.

Your own local council is within a duty to get practical steps to check out issues of a statutory annoyance. The most severe nuisance is one of which is prejudicial or harmful to health.

The primary area of law arrives under area 11 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985, suggested into each tenancy agreement given for a period of seven years or fewer, is a requirement on the landlord to:

  • Keep in great repair the framework and exterior of the home.
  • Keep in restoration and proper operating order the installation in any rented housing for the source of water, gas, electricity and with regard to sanitation
  • Keep within repair and appropriate working order the installation for area heating & heating water.

If any of these require attention, then you want to inform your own landlord of the disrepair. These rules do not mean that the landlord offers to do work that you are responsible for and it’s worth keeping in mind that even though you have a right to a few repairs you also have obligations as a tenant to maintain the property in fine order. Furthermore your landlord is not within a duty to enhance the property.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.