call us

Housing disrepair claims FAQ

Does my tenancy contract impact my right to claim?

The kind of tenancy agreement you have may affect your legal rights and obligations. Usually speaking, if you usually do not have unique use of any part of a property or home, you have a permit to occupy. If you have unique use of part or the entire of the property or home, you are probably to have a guaranteed or short-hold tenancy arrangement.

Our knowledgeable team of advisors can help you set up your rights with respect to your individual conditions. Simply total our online claim interrogation form to set up your right to create a claim.

Will I be titled to compensation?

If you have a legitimate claim for housing disrepair, apart from persuasive the landlord to restoration your property, you can furthermore claim compensation for:

  • Inconvenience caused
  • Damage to individual property
  • Personal injury or ill health ensuing from the disrepair - including breathing illness triggered by damp conditions
  • Any financial deficits suffered as a result of the failing to rectify the disrepair

How long will it take to approach my claim?

Each case is specific. Typically, housing disrepair claims carried out by our team of experts are usually settled inside a matter of months. During this period we act entirely on your account, removing any tension, or demands on your period and money, from the procedure. Start your no win, no fee claim right away.

Is there a time period limitation on my claim?

You can create a housing disrepair compensation claim also if you no longer reside in the property in query. Nevertheless, there is a six-year restriction on making a claim from the period the landlord was 1st made aware of your problem. In addition, this is decreased to three years where you also want to create a personal injury claim. Don’t postpone, start your claim today, making use of our easy claim enquiry form.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on +44 1626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.