call us

Council House Disrepair

As housing disrepair solicitors we are experienced with dealing with a variety of disrepair cases, including those involving council house disrepair.

If you are faced with council house disrepair it is important to report it to landlord, this can be the council themselves, and allow adequate time for them to carry out the repairs and consider writing a letter as evidence of your requests. If the repairs are not made, the next step is to contact housing disrepair solicitors who are able to assist you with claiming housing disrepair compensation.

council house disrepair

Types of Council House Disrepair

There are a number of different types of council house disrepair you are able to make a claim against and their consequences vary from minor to severe, these include:

  • Condensation, mould and damp
  • Infestations
  • Faulty or dangerous gas or electrical installations
  • Drainage and sewage problems
  • Asbestos
  • Leaking or broken roof
  • Hairline cracks in an interior wall

Claiming Compensation for Council House Disrepair

Damage to personal belongings, property damage and personal injury are all possible outcomes of council house disrepair and it is important to take action to ensure the problem is rectified and you are compensated for damages.

Before contacting housing disrepair solicitors there is a protocol that must be followed and this involves sending a ‘letter before action’. The letter must state what the disrepair problem is, give the landlord 21 days to make the repairs and it should state that if the landlord does not put the problem right you intend to take legal action.

If the above does not result in the council house disrepair being corrected, contact our housing disrepair solicitors on 01626 248 608 or online.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.