call us

Compensation for disrepair

When you happen to be renting a property your own landlord has a obligation to you to keep the property in fine repair. This ‘good repair’ consists of the domestic plumbing, the electrics, the gas, the framework of the property and the outside of the property. Your landlord ought to make repairs on your house within a ‘reasonable’ timescale. When it will come to disrepair in the winter season, and the lack of maintenance to your property has triggered you harm, you have a great chance of producing a housing disrepair compensation claim.

A specialist solicitor can assist you if you are getting trouble obtaining your landlord to total repairs on your property. They may also be able to assist you know where you endure in the eyes of the law in conditions of your rights - some property owners may try to evict you instead than comprehensive the repairs. Taking your current landlord to court can be a nerve-racking experience and it ought to be thought through cautiously, it may be most properly turned to as an choice when you are not worried about the restoration of your tenancy contract. Speak all this through with a solicitor, every person will be contemplating claiming within differing conditions.

When you get in touch with a solicitor they can assist you in a quantities of ways. First of all, they can get in touch with the landlord to provide them timescales in which to finish the repairs. If your landlord will not complete the repairs inside this timescale, your solicitor can be able to represent you in courtroom. Frequently landlords will select to complete the maintenance once a solicitor gets engaged, wishing to avoid a possibly costly court case. If your landlord still denies to finish the repairs, your solicitor will take your landlord to courtroom to legally impose the repairs and will likewise be able to create a claim for damage on your behalf.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on 01626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.