call us

Claiming for Housing Disrepair

A protected and safe atmosphere is what everybody is looking for, specifically when it happens to renting or leasing a property or any other home. Obviously, a risk-free property provides convenience and security. It guarantees that the tenants will not come to any damage as a result of poor housing, leading to satisfaction and less stress. Moreover, it produces a good partnership among the landlord and tenant.

A landlord’s obligation is to make certain that his tenants are secure and sound when applying his property. He ought to dutifully examine the property’s outside and interior regions. This consists of the roof, channels, drains, plumbing and window structures for the external areas. Garden paths & steps should also be taken into thought, as well as lighting and lamps inside the property. The inside areas that ought to be managed by the landlord consist of the sinks, lavatories, electrical cabling, the water lines and gas pipes.

Every so often, things will crack or otherwise get too aged to be secure, and maintenance or substitutes must be produced. It is essential to bear in mind, nevertheless, that a landlord simply cannot be predicted to do all the routine upkeep. Small repairs such as maintaining the compound thoroughly clean or beautification of the location can be carried out by you. But if essential details are being overlooked by your landlord, then you possess the right to say a specific thing about it.

Informing your landlord is the 1st thing you ought to be doing. Make him understand the extent of the issue and give him moment to take actions. The law reports that a landlord should take suitable steps within 21 days after notice. Bear in mind, though, that sometimes if the landlord offers only a temporary remedy to the problem, it is regarded as lawful so long the tenant’s problem is served.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on 01626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.