call us

Can I Claim Compensation for Disrepair in a Council House?

Yes, if your home contains disrepair you could be entitled to compensation.

We are often approached by individuals who are suffering due to disrepair in a council house. Housing disrepair can affect any home regardless of whether it is rented from a council, housing association or private landlord. If your property is rented from the council and has signs of disrepair you could be entitled to make a housing disrepair claim for compensation.

Types of Disrepair in a Council House

As with any type of property, if there is disrepair in a council house it is the landlord’s duty to ensure the repairs are made. There are different types of disrepair that can affect your property, such as:disrepair in a council house

  • Damaged windows or doors
  • Disrepair to interiors such as paint or wallpaper
  • Drainage problems or blocked gutters.
  • Damaged roof
  • Exterior wall disrepair
  • Damp
  • Water damage
  • Mould

Claiming Compensation for Housing Disrepair

If you believe you are entitled to compensation and want to make a housing disrepair claim, there are protocols to follow. This includes notifying your landlord of the disrepair and allowing them sufficient time to make the necessary repairs. If, once your landlord has been informed of the problem, the disrepair remains a housing disrepair claim can be made.

Compensation for disrepair in a council house can include personal injury, damage to belongings, financial losses and the cost of repairs.

To make a housing disrepair claim contact our housing disrepair solicitors on 01626 248 608 or begin your claim online. 

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.