call us

All About Housing Disrepair Claims

If you reside in a Council property or home and the landlord has been unsuccessful to correct any disrepairs then you need to get in touch with us for a free consultation and we can guide you whether or not we could represent you on a ‘no win, no fee’ base.

What We Would Do:

Have an appointment with you to talk about in detail what the problems are and if required instruct one of our specialists to visit the property.

Act on your account and get the landlord to execute repairs.

Claim compensation for the hassle and any financial damage you may have suffered if you’re permitted to it.

Claim your own legal fees through the landlord.

If you’re not sure whether or not you need a claim, then get in touch with one of our professionals who will be happy to recommend you further.

What Is Housing Disrepair?

If you rent a property or home, either via a Local Authority or a private landlord, your Landlord is accountable for particular repairs to the property. If a Landlord neglects to follow these responsibilities then as a tenant you possess the right to deliver a claim.

The following are illustrations of the sorts of disrepair that you might be able to claim for:

  • Roofs.
  • Drain/waste pipes.
  • Brickwork - damaged bricks or absent mortar.
  • Paths - damaged or uneven.
  • Windows - decaying wooden windows, ill-fitting, lacking catchments or handles.
  • Doors - decaying wooden doors, ill-fitting or lacking handles.
  • Subsidence - big cracks on outside of property.
  • Floors - loosely, cracked or lacking floorboards, openings to floors.
  • Walls - main cracked holed plasterwork or increasing or penetrating damp.
  • Ceilings - openings to ceiling, significant cracks or water infiltrating dampness.
  • Electrical - loosened sockets, uncovered wires, sporadic or no power source, defective extractor fans, flawed heating or hot water boilers.
  • Heating/Water - sporadic or no heating system or hot waters or poor radiators.
  • Installations - seeping bath, shower or WC, defective or loosened taps, broken, flawed or loosened gas or electrical fire and heaters.

This is not a thorough list so if your disrepair does not come into one of the previously mentioned categories, give our professionals a call to see if we can assist.


To begin your housing disrepair claim, please call us on 01626 248 608. A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.